Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thoughts on My Career Purpose

Yes, I am training to become a Christian Social Worker. I fully believe it is possible to be both. I am not one of those people who is going to snatch away children from the home-unless harm is coming upon the children. I am a mandatory reporter and it is one of the duties of my job. I follow the NASW Code of Ethics, respect the field of social work and also following the calling God has given me to help and show compassion upon the hurting sick and needy. I am not here to pass judgment, to hate others, to force people to change. I will however help people have access to the resources in their community to help them improve their lives. I will fight against injustice. I will not let the cruelty of the world turn me bitter, I will do what I can do be an example of Jesus and bring light and hope into the darkened parts of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment