Wednesday, August 26, 2009

more pre-semester thoughts.

So grad school starts up again in approximately five days for me-I am 2 semesters away from having my Masters in Social Work. It's hard to believe sometimes but then I realize where I have come from and realize this is God's intended journey for me indeed. I am excited to be able to help people in need with the professional skills, knowledge, and networks available to assist me in doing so. I can't help but be stressed thinking about it as I will be taking six classes this semester along with a 16-20 hr a week internship. I am going to have to manage my time carefully! But I don't have much of a social life anymore so I think I will be able to manage somehow and I really, really, really want my degree in my hand come May 08, 2010 so it will ALL be worth it. I am praying for God for peace of mind as I deal with financial and time obligations and having a positive support system to help me through. Being a social worker starts with taking care of yourself first so that is something I continue to strive for throughout this educational experience that demands much out of me. The hard work will pay off in the end :) I am just happy my time under the restrictions of an educational institution will soon be coming to an end! I am so thankful for getting so far! There will be a big celebration on my part come May for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment