Monday, March 22, 2010

social action in within all of us

I will not let the immaturity of some change the fact that I am for social justice for those who are oppressed in this country, I as a social worker will advocate for the good of others as I was trained to do so and as my passion to help others live better lives drives me to. Despite harsh opinions, derogatory language, and pop lingo against any positive reform and policy change, the bitter truth remains that there are hurting people out there-a lot of them. These are the people who cannot fight for themselves. They are victims of a society who has tried to ignore them, a society who has lacked compassion. We need not wait for another tragedy to hit before we act. It is time to rise up and fight for the good of others. It is time to help others as we are able. It is time to spread love as Jesus did. It is time to stop judging, stop the name calling, stop the hated, and change for the better. Love can cover a multitude of sins. Come on people, lets be united, lets stand up and grow up. Let the beauty rise from the ashes. Let's stop living for ourselves and unite.

No comments:

Post a Comment